These tips can help keep you safe:
Always talk to your doctor or care team when you begin a new exercise program. They can:
• tell you how to stay safe given your health status
• monitor your health as you recover
Exercise at a gym so you won’t be alone. This is particularly important if you have a:
• heart condition
• history of stroke
• neurological condition
• history of falls
Train with another person, especially when starting an exercise program. This could be your:
• son or daughter
Start with a light level of exercise if you are in active prostate cancer treatment. This is also important if you are new to exercise.
• First, slowly increase the amount of time that you exercise at a given level.
• When you reach your goal time, you can start to increase the intensity.
Think about working with a cancer exercise trainer. Some trainers are certified to work with cancer survivors, so it may be something to consider if you:
• are in active cancer treatment
• have other health concerns